Yay, it's Conference time! I really enjoyed both sessions today and thought that I'd share a couple of quotes/thoughts that stood out to me. Please share anything that you loved from today too...we're so lucky.
1) I am afraid that I don't know for sure who gave the talk that this quote came from. I was in the car listening and didn't hear his name. It was at the beginning of the morning session. He said, "Faith isn't only a feeling, it's a decision." I was really struck by it. But, for some reason I am having a hard time expressing my thoughts on why this is so true...it just is! I open it up to your comments...what do you think? Hopefully, I can sit down and get my thoughts more organized and coherent and then I'll share.
2) President Uchtdorf -(I'm paraphrasing) "The brighter our hope; the greater our faith; the purer our charity." We all know these characteristics go hand in hand. I love how he described hope as an essential characteristic/catalyst for both faith and charity.
3) Elder Bednar- A fantastic talk all around. I loved the connection that he made between morning and evening prayers. I took it this way. Our morning prayers can almost be considered our spiritual preparation or "to do" list for the day. We can ask to have the Holy Ghost guide us in decisions involving family or friends/neighbors, we can ask for help with a concern with our kids, we can ask to have patience, we can ask to have strength to accomplish our goals for that day. Whatever we are wanting to accomplish that day, we can ask Heavenly Father for help. Then our evening prayers can be considered like our "return and report" in a way. We can take a look back over our day, see where prayers have been answered or comfort given or revelation received or lessons learned and give thanks. Then we can look toward the next day in preparation to build upon what we have learned. He ended his talk by saying "Revelation is real." Thank heavens for that!
Anyway, those are just a few of the tidbits that I highlighted in my notes from today. Excuse me if my ramblings are disjointed or incoherent...still a little rusty on the writing, it's been a long time since I had to write any sort of "thesis." Also, please add any of your thoughts. I love to hear insights from others...it's like virtual Sunday School! Have a fabulous Sunday Conference!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One qoute that I enjoyed (i think it was the same person that gave the faith talk in your #1) was "I do not know everything, but I know enough". I like that one so much because I remember talking to people about religion. They would ask me questions that I didn't know the answer to, and they would look at me like "Hah! I am right!"
There was one quote from the woman in the YW presidency-"The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare." Good one. I feel like I can actually live for the next 6 months and be ok now. Love conference.
Post a Comment