Monday, July 27, 2009

Disneyland part 1

Our big family vacation this year was to Disneyland. Yay! I haven't been since I was around 11 or so. We thought this summer would be best, because next summer we'll have a little one and this year, Broder is still free!")

Overall, the trip was really fun. We stayed at a hotel just two blocks away from the main entrance, but it also had a shuttle if we needed it. We were there by 10 every morning and stayed until closing at midnight. The boys were exhausted!!! We went on our favorite rides mulitple times and we still managed to miss some rides too. We didn't do anything else besides Disneyland/California Adventure. 5 days of Disney fun. It was awesome.

The boys at our hotel.

Mickey, me, Jackson and Broder. The boys were so excited to meet him. Broder was especially excited to show Mickey his Mickey hat. He handed it to him and then turned around and left.

Dad and Jackson on "Small World." Go ahead, start humming the song now.

Me and Broder on "Small World."

This is on the "Finding Nemo" ride. This is also how Broder spent most of the rides. It was his defense mechanism. If he was scared, he'd cover his ears. I tried a few times to cover his eyes, but he wouldn't let me.

5 comments:

Tim said...

What you can't tell from that picture is I am doing controlled breathing. Apparently I suffer from claustrophobia. Locked in a submarine with a less than foot diameter windo that I could only see through by kneeling was not my idea of fun. I wanted to do a lot more than just cover my ears.

Dr H said...

I laughed out loud that he gave Mickey his hat. Also, of course you don't cover his eyes. He doesn't want to miss anything!!

Jen H. said...

Love hearing all the fun stories from your trip, I can just totally picture the whole thing.

Buckwheat said...

I've been in somewhat of a blogosphere coma for the past two months, and I just read your baby announcement. Congrats!!!

Becky said...

It looks like you all had a fun vacation. I'm glad no one lost there lunch. Those pictures would not be pretty.

Disneyland is the best...and yes, It's a small world is now stuck in my head.