Monday, July 14, 2008

Why we probably won't be swimming this summer...


This, my friends, is the reason. This is the cryptosporidium bug that totally took over Utah pools and our family's stomach last summer. It looks like fun, doesn't it? It is definitely one of those things that looks as bad as it is. I know I'm probably being over-paranoid and over-protective, but if you went through what we went through last summer, you wouldn't go back in the water either...cue Jaws music...and it's probably worse than being attacked by a shark. I'm serious. It was awful and it stayed and stayed and stayed. Nope, I think this summer we will content ourselves with the front sprinklers and baby-pool. At least we know where "those" kids have been.

3 comments:

Dr H said...

Well if you could keep the "puppy" from lapping up the public pool water, you'd be fine.

Sherrie said...

I think it speaks volumes for the grossness and ugliness of the bug when Broder sees it and says, "Dinosaur!"

Jen H. said...

Yes, due to your experiences last summer, we will not be paricipating in the public swimming pools this summer either. That picture is a scary reminder. We will stick to sprinklers and baby pools, Mason doesn't know the difference!