Well, since it is now July, it's time for a new book. I hope those of you who read "North and South" enjoyed it. It's one of my favorites. This month I thought I'd share "The Moonspinners" with you. Don't be fooled by the cover...it's not one of those Fabio romances stories. It's a mystery novel and it's way fun. Disney made a movie a while ago very loosely "based" on the book. It's really not at all like it if anyone has seen it. This book is really good and this author has written a lot of these kind of books set in all sorts of exoctic locations. This one is set in Crete. Here is the summary from Google books...
Young, beautiful, and adventurous Nicola Ferris loves her life as a secretary at the British Embassy on the lush island of Crete. Then on her day off, she links up with two hiking companions who have inadvertently stumbled upon a scene of blood vengeance. And suddenly the life Nicola adores is in danger of coming to an abrupt, brutal, and terrifying end . . .
Like I said, it's a mystery and it's fun. Let me know if you want to borrow my copy and let me know if you read it. Talk to you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay although I LOVED North and South, I can not read this right now... my dad got me into this series that is going to take a while. As soon as I am done I will read it - I promise. So many books, so little time!
Okay I just (like 3 minutes ago) finished North and South (the movie)... holy crap that was great! I knew what was going to happen and I still loved the ending!
The last five minutes Mr. Thornton was beautiful! It is a shame he spent the whole 5 hours with a grumpy scowl and tight brows - and only the last 5 minutes smiling... he looked like a different man! Even during the 1st proposal his face wasn't soft and happy like the train scene. The same with Pride and Prejudice (both versions) - It would be easier for everyone, including Ms. Bennett to fall in love with Mr. Darcy if he looked the way he does the last 1/2 hour (I think he looks happier in both versions once they visit Pemberly).
PS I love the costumes - I really think I would have loved to live in that era. Margaret's dresses are so beautiful!
Thanks again for introducing me - I loved it!
Post a Comment