Friday, March 1, 2013

The things these little boys feet have done

I marvel at the wear and tear that Jackson and Broder's shoes go through over the course of a school year.  And then I think of all the things that they have done while they have been wearing these shoes and the places they've gone and the things they've seen and heard.  And I hope it's been good and I hope they've learned something and that they've done their best.

I've been slightly obsessed in the last couple of days watching missionary homecomings and videos of Mama's hugging their babies when they get off the airplane.  I think I am getting scared of my babies getting bigger and going out in the world and where their next pair of shoes will take them and what they'll see and hear and do.

But until they get to that shiny black shoe stage, I always try to remember that they're still little now and they're still here with me now and now is the time to love them no matter what and make sure that they know that no matter what shoes they're wearing, that I am always going to be here for them and I'll love them forever.

No comments: