We started a new thing this month in an effort to get decluttered. We call it "25 on the 25th." We have decided, as a family, that on the 25th of each month we will each choose 25 things to either give to DI, recycle or throw out.
Let me tell you...it was actually awesome! The kids did great and were understanding of why we were doing it and how it could help other kids who maybe didn't have as much as we are blessed to have. And it's 100 less things to have to take care of/step over/clean up! YAYAYAYAY!!!
Also, as a side note for those of you with kiddos and the attached "kiddo-gear", Babies'R'Us is having a promotion where they will take your old/used baby products like car seats, cribs, bassinets, etc. and give you a discount toward a purchase of something new. Of course, this is a huge marketing scheme to get people to come in and buy stuff, but hey, they'll take care of recycling all of the things that just feel awful to just throw out. Come on, who really wants to chuck their car seat in the garbage can?
Here's a link...http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3629015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's a genius idea to get rid of 25 things each month! I may have to do the same thing in my house.
It was great to see you on Saturday and I'll let you know when I'll be traveling your way.
What a great idea! Your children will remember this for the rest of thier lives, I love it!!
Throwing away stuff is NEVER a good idea. You're a horrible mother and your children will never, ever forget it.
I just wanted to be contrary. That's what little brothers are four.
And I can't believe I just spelled 'for' four. WOW. Big test tomorrow. Already sequestering brain cells.
Hey! it is so good to hear from you..did you get rid of the sign on the back of your door on the 25th? I love that you still have that on your door. Thanks for saying hi and remembering us. How is the ward? We missed being in Utah for conference and the fall leaves. I love this time of year. Keep in touch!
Post a Comment