I am starting with one of my favorite, favorite books, North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. No, it's not the Civil War books and the movie with Patrick Swayze....yucky. It's all about Victorian England and deals with class conflicts and the Industrial Revolution and of course, there's a good, old-fashioned love story too. (Also, a really, really good movie...one definitely worth checking out and one I also happen to have as well.)

Anyway, happy reading!
5 comments:
I am in, I have been wanting to read that since you told me about it, so why not now! I need to go get it, give me a few days and I will get on it!
Hey! We get home on Tuesday, and after things settle down a little bit, I'm in too! (Although I just started Twilight, so I'll have to wait until I'm done with that!)
Love ya!
i am loving it so far ... I will try to get it finished this week so we can discuss!
Apparantly I was signed in as Chad's mom when I made my last comment. Just in case you were wondering who "tina" was. Although I'm pretty sure you figured that out already! :)
Okay I am done! Loved it, is this a series? It had a very Pride and Prejudice feel to it. I do think that the ending left me wanting more. Like I want to know what happens to him and the business and ... well I probably shouldn't say in case someone hasn't finished it yet, but man, we need to talk! Good call, I really liked it!
Post a Comment