Today the boys and I were playing downstairs with the big building blocks. I had started a good building and they were adding on to it. As we went along, Jackson decided to get out his Bob the Builder vehicles to really make it an "authentic" building experience. At one point he turned to me and said, "I am just going to dig the cemetary just outside the warehouse, right here, Mom." Rather surprised, I asked, "What made you think of building a cemetary?" "Well, just in case the customers inside the store die....you know, just in case they, you know..(sigh*)..whatever."
It's hard to tell exactly how funny it was without hearing his voice inflections, but as he was trying to explain it to me, he could tell that I just WASN'T getting it, so he just gave up.
"Whatever."
P.S. I have NO idea where the cemetary thing came from. Completely random.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kids are obsessed with death even when they are shielded from it. It's natural. I wouldn't worry too much. If he starts bringing in decapitated birds and hiding them under his bed, THEN you've got a problem!
WOW! I am not sure if I was supposed to find that funny. The things these kids learn these days, I don't know what I am going to do!
Post a Comment