Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Murphy's Law Proven


At Sherrie's request I am blogging about my accident. Yesterday, I pulled out of a parking lot of the Jiffy Lube. It was the first oil change our new car had ever had. The traffic was lined up behind a light. A nice driver was kind enough to wave me through the gap. I went for it, and regretted it. Another car was coming down the other lane. You can see the results in these pictures. Needless to say IT SUCKED!!!! First accident I have been in where I was at fault.

I also hit my head in the accident. Doesn't look like much in the picture. But it hurts. I don't think there is any serious injury, but every now and then I get a little distracted....we have been having wonderful weather in Utah. Not too hot, not too cold....the Olympics have been fun to watch. The other day I watched the ping pong....but I should be fine soon.

P.S. This is Sherrie now. Jen, does this not bring back horrible memories?!? Never turn left, even when they wave you through, never turn left I say!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sherrie, Doesn't that accident sounds SO familiar??? :) I'm so glad you guys were able to take a fun family vacation! I'm still trying to teach my dear honey-bunny that family vacations are GOOD....staying home ... BAD....
Miss you!

Sherrie said...

Completely the same situation. Substitute "Macey's" for Jiffy Lube and "elderly couple in huge Cadillac-type car" for a Mustang...yeah, a mustang...and we could have written the same thing on that fateful day...RIP little car.

Heidi said...

"The etymology of the word "sinister" suggests an association between The Left and something indirectly Satanic."

need I say more?

Dr H said...

Booooo! So what's up with the car now? How much to fix? Glad Tim is OK. Could just have easily been him the guy hit.